Welcome to season 2 of Down Under Theology, a podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In episode 35 we examine the books of 1 & 2 Timothy, and Titus. We have a brief discussion on authorship, break the books down, and then discuss the major themes of the books. These themes include what Murray has termed, “Gospel Centred Church Order” and we have an in-depth discussion about elders and deacons.
In Season 2, we'll be going over each book of the Bible, bringing out the big ideas, themes, and implications for the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Nick Rabe
S2 Episode 35 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- How Jesus Runs the Church by Guy Prentiss Waters
- Well Ordered, Living Well by Guy Prentiss Waters
- The Pastoral Epistles by George W. Knight III (Amazon link)
- Effective Eldership by Murray Smith (ed.) (Eider Books)