Welcome to season 2 of Down Under Theology, a podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In episode 34 we discuss the books of 1 & 2 Thessalonians, examining the theme of the gospel and hope – how do we live in light of the hope of Jesus' coming? We also have a short discussion about work amidst our usually discussion breaking down the books, their structure, context, and content.
In Season 2, we'll be going over each book of the Bible, bringing out the big ideas, themes, and implications for the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Nick Rabe
S2 Episode 34 – Show Notes
- Good Work: a Labour of Love (contact us if you're interested and we can try to arrange a copy)
Recommended Resources –
- 1-2 Thessalonians by G. K. Beale (Amazon link)
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key by Rosaria Butterfield
- Every Waking Hour by Benjamin Quinn & Walter R. Strickland II (Koorong link)
- Not Home Yet by Ian K. Smith
- 1-2 Thessalonians by Jeffrey A. D. Weima
Christ College, Sydney
Preparing leaders for God’s church and its gospel-centred mission in the world.