Welcome to season 2 of Down Under Theology, a podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In episode 16 we examine the book of Ezekiel. Ezekiel is an interesting prophet, oftentimes acting out prophecies in weird and wacky ways. We talk about why God asks Ezekiel to convey his message in this way, and how we should capture this in our own preaching and teaching. We discuss the big themes in the book, particularly focusing on the presence of God, resurrection, and new life, and discuss how to read and teach Ezekiel fruitfully.
In Season 2, we'll be going over each book of the Bible, bringing out the big ideas, themes, and implications for the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Nick Rabe
S2 Episode 16 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- God Dwells Among Us: Expanding Eden to the Ends of the Earth by G. K. Beale and Mitchell Kim
- The Book of Ezekiel Chapters 1 – 24 by Daniel I. Block
- The Book of Ezekiel Chapters 25 – 48 by Daniel I. Block
- The Message of Ezekiel by Christopher J. H. Wright
Christ College, Sydney
Preparing leaders for God’s church and its gospel-centred mission in the world.