Welcome to season 2 of Down Under Theology, a podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In episode 12 we go on a whirlwind tour through the book of Psalms, a book Luther calls “a little bible”. We look at how the Psalms are an expression of the rest of scripture, and the Christian life. We discuss its structure and themes, and talk about how we can better read and teach the book, including how we can bring the singing of Psalms back into the life of the church.
In Season 2, we'll be going over each book of the Bible, bringing out the big ideas, themes, and implications for the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Nick Rabe
S2 Episode 12 – Show Notes
- Sons of Korah (on Spotify)
- Wendell Kimbrough (on Spotify)
- Psalms to Sing (Kirkplace Music on Spotify)
- “What Can Miserable Christians Sing?” by Carl Trueman
Recommended Resources –
- Psalms as Torah: Reading Biblical Song Ethically by Gordon J. Wenham
- The Messiah and the Psalms: Preaching Christ from all the Psalms by Richard P. Belcher Jr.
- Singing the Songs of Jesus by Michael LeFebvre
- The Wisdom of God: Seeing Jesus in the Psalms and Wisdom Books (10-week Bible Study) by Nancy Guthrie
Christ College, Sydney
Preparing leaders for God’s church and its gospel-centred mission in the world.