Welcome to season 2 of Down Under Theology, a podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In this special bonus episode we are joined by Dr Gregory Parker Jr for a chat about all things Bavinck. If you have been listening to our show for a while, you will have heard “Bavinck” mentioned several times. But who was Bavinck exactly? And why does Cam talk about him so much? Join us as we unpack the life and theology of Bavinck (and his contemporaries like Kuyper), discuss Greg and Cam's translations of Bavinck's works, and talk about the relevance of his works for the church today.
Dr Gregory Parker Jr is the Assistant Professor of Theology at Cairn University, Pennsylvania, USA. He completed his PhD in Systematic Theology at the University of Edinburgh and has worked with Cam on several translations of Bavinck's works.
In Season 2, we'll be going over each book of the Bible, bringing out the big ideas, themes, and implications for the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Gregory Parker Jr (@g_parker_jr)
- Nick Rabe
S2 Bonus Episode 4 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- Bavinck's Guidebook for Instruction in the Christian Religion by Herman Bavinck (translated by Gregory Parker Jr and Cameron Clausing)
- What is Christianity? by Herman Bavinck (translated by Gregory Parker Jr)
- The Sacrifice of Praise by Herman Bavinck (translated by Gregory Parker Jr and Cameron Clausing)
- Reformed Dogmatics by Herman Bavinck
- Bavinck: A Critical Biography by James Eglinton
Christ College, Sydney
Preparing leaders for God’s church and its gospel-centred mission in the world.