Episode #5 of our podcast equipping and encouraging the Australian church in thinking theologically about life and mission.
In this episode, we explore the topic of Providence. We confess that God is sovereign over all things, but this belief raises many questions – what about human freedom and agency? What role does God have to play in sickness and suffering like the COVID-19 pandemic? How does this doctrine affect our prayer life? Join us as we discuss these issues and more in today’s episode.
In this first season of the podcast we will hone in on the topics of the Westminster Confession of Faith, using them as a springboard for discussing how these important theological issues impact the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nick Rabe
Episode 5 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Free Online Link)
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Reformers Bookshop Link)
- What is Providence? by Derek W. H. Thomas
- Calvin on Sovereignty, Providence, and Predestination by Joel Beeke
- Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J. I. Packer
- How Long O Lord: Reflections on Suffering and Evil by D. A. Carson