** This month we're giving away a pack of books thanks to Tulip Publishing. Check out this episode for all the details! **
Episode #23 of our podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In this episode we're joined by special guest Kamal Weerakoon to talk about the Civil Magistrate. This episode explores the relationship between Church and State – what does the Bible have to say about this relationship? How has this relationship changed over time in the West? What is the 'common good' for society? How does this affect things like religious freedoms?
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Kamal Weerakoon (@kamalweerakoon)
- Nick Rabe
Episode 23 – Show Notes
- Gospel, Society and Culture Committee Website – www.gsandc.org.au
GIVEAWAY from Tulip Publishing (www.tulippublishing.com.au) includes –
- The Westminster Confession of Faith: A Study Guide for the 21st Century by Rowland S. Ward
- A Short Introduction to the Westminster Assembly and its Work by Rowland S. Ward
- God and Adam: Reformed Theology and the Creation Covenant by Rowland S. Ward
Recommended Resources –
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Free Online Link)
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Reformers Bookshop Link)
- A Defense of Liberty Against Tyrants by Junius Brutus
- Democracy and Tradition by Jeffrey Stout (Amazon Link)
- Christ Among the 'Gods' – Part 1 (Gospel Society and Culture)
- Christ Among the 'Gods' – Part 2
- Christ Among the 'Gods' – Part 3
Christ College, Sydney
Preparing leaders for God’s church and its gospel-centred mission in the world.