Episode #12 of our podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
We're joined by special guest Ann* to chat about Adoption in this very special episode. The word “adoption” only appears 5 times in the bible, and it is the shortest chapter of the Confession. So why is it such an important doctrine? Is there a difference between the idea of sonship and adoption? How does this doctrine impact the way we think about foster care and adoption in today's society?
* Not her real name – we've changed it to protect identities as we discuss some potentially sensitive topics.
In this first season of the podcast we will hone in on the topics of the Westminster Confession of Faith, using them as a springboard for discussing how these important theological issues impact the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Nick Rabe
Episode 12 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Free Online Link)
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Reformers Bookshop Link)
- Adopted for Life by Russell D. Moore
- Knowing God by J. I. Packer