A special Bonus Episode of our podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
David Burke joins us again to continue our discussion on Church Censures. In this episode we explore more 'reactive' discipline in the church. David shares some of his experiences in dealing with church discipline issues at both a local and denominational level. We talk about the importance of approaching discipline with God's heart – in a pastoral way and with restoration in mind.
David Burke was previously a lecturer at Christ College and still lectures at the College as an adjunct member of staff. He has a lot of pastoral experience with church discipline and discipleship at both a local level and within the Presbyterian denomination and brings his experience to our discussion today.
In this first season of the podcast we will hone in on the topics of the Westminster Confession of Faith, using them as a springboard for discussing how these important theological issues impact the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nick Rabe
Bonus Episode 4 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Free Online Link)
- Westminster Confession of Faith (Reformers Bookshop Link)
- Resolving Everyday Conflict by Ken Sande and Kevin Johnson
- Church Discipline by Jonathan Leeman
- Principle or Principal by David Burke and Paul Cooper (due out March 2022)
- TEE for the 21st Century edited by David Burke and Richard Brown
Christ College, Sydney
Preparing leaders for God’s church and its gospel-centred mission in the world.