Welcome to season 2 of Down Under Theology, a podcast equipping and encouraging Australian Christians to get down and under the theology impacting the life and mission of the church.
In episode 7 we dive into the book of Samuel (that's right – book, not books!). We track the stories of Hannah, Samuel, Saul, and David as we explore the themes of kingship, sonship, covenant, and more. We hone in on the messianic promises in 2 Samuel 7 and talk about how all these themes point to Jesus.
In Season 2, we'll be going over each book of the Bible, bringing out the big ideas, themes, and implications for the life and mission of the church.
Thoughts, questions or feedback? Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allister Lum Mow (@allisterlm)
- Cameron Clausing (@cam_clausing)
- Murray Smith
- Nick Rabe
S2 Episode 7 – Show Notes
Recommended Resources –
- The Son of David: Seeing Jesus in the Historical Books (10-week Bible Study) by Nancie Guthrie
- Dominion and Dynasty by Stephen G. Dempster
- The Typology of David's Rise to Power (Article) by James M. Hamilton Jr.
- God's Messiah in the Old Testament by Andrew T. Abernethy and Gregory Goswell